Super easy-to-make snack that is low-carb, high-fat, and moderate protein. Lacto-ovo vegetarian (not vegan). Recipe has only one ingredient: cheese! So we’ll start with the instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. (Foil or cooking spray will not work.)
- I start with a block of mild cheddar cheese from Trader Joe’s. A typical size might be .66 lb. (or 10.56 oz.).
- Cut block in half, then cut each half into 12 cubes for a total of 24 cubes.
- Arrange 12 cubes on each baking sheet spaced equidistantly apart.
- Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes, depending on desired softness or crispness. With my oven, it usually takes about 13 minutes to get them just right.
- Let cool, then put chips into a suitable serving dish.
- Makes 24 chips. Serving size is one (1) chip, though you probably can’t eat just one!
Serving Size: 1 chip
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories 48
- Carbohydrate2 g
- Fat1 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
- Special K® Loaf
- Taco Salad/Haystacks for Diabetics
- Basic Seitan (Gluten Steaks)
- Mom J’s Cashew Gravy
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Cashew-Pimiento Cheese Sauce
- Mom J’s Low-carb Baked Beans
- Picnic Cauliflower Salad
- Mom J’s Black Soy Bean Chili
- Keto “Cornbread”
- Chicken-style Seasoning
- Gluten-free Low-carb Unleavened Communion Bread
- Mom J’s Cheese Chips
- Three-bean Salad
- Tofu Sour Cream & Onion Dip
- Veggie “Mac” ‘n’ Cheese
- Filipino Seitan Adobo
- Thomas Moen‘s Soybeans
- Jeanette Pelton’s Zucchini Loaf
- Jeanette Pelton’s Savory Loaf
- Mom J’s Baby Bok Choy Soup