Low-carb, moderate-fat, vegetarian/vegan. Adapted from various similar recipes Mom J has found here and there on the internet.
- 2 14-oz. cans Del Monte® Green & Wax Bean Blend (or equivalent), drained
- 1 15-oz. can Eden® Organic Black Soybeans, drained
- 1 4-oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
- ½ medium red onion, sliced into thin slices and separated into rings
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- ½ t. garlic salt
- Drain beans and pimientos in a fine-mesh sieve.
- In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, and garlic salt.
- Add the drained beans, pimientos, and red onion rings and mix well.
- Let marinate for several hours for best flavor.
- If you have put the salad in the refrigerator to marinate, let it warm up to room temperature so olive oil becomes liquid again.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Fat 20 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 4 g
- Special K® Loaf
- Taco Salad/Haystacks for Diabetics
- Basic Seitan (Gluten Steaks)
- Mom J’s Cashew Gravy
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Cashew-Pimiento Cheese Sauce
- Mom J’s Low-carb Baked Beans
- Picnic Cauliflower Salad
- Mom J’s Black Soy Bean Chili
- Keto “Cornbread”
- Chicken-style Seasoning
- Gluten-free Low-carb Unleavened Communion Bread
- Mom J’s Cheese Chips
- Three-bean Salad
- Tofu Sour Cream & Onion Dip
- Veggie “Mac” ‘n’ Cheese
- Filipino Seitan Adobo
- Thomas Moen‘s Soybeans
- Jeanette Pelton’s Zucchini Loaf
- Jeanette Pelton’s Savory Loaf
- Mom J’s Baby Bok Choy Soup