Goal: To increase/maintain awareness of foot health and its importance to diabetics.
- Evaluate your current routine/practices of foot care.
- Blood glucose control (under a maximum of 140 mg/dL or 7.8 mmol/l), < 6.5% A1C.
- Daily inspection for abnormalities
- Daily washing and moisturizing
- Correct toenail trimming and culticle care
- Adjust goals/strategies for your foot care, as needed.
- Read/re-read the following:
“How to Avoid Infections from Nail Salons” [PDF]
Healthy Feet for a Healthy Life
35 podiatrists put together tips for healthy feet
Foot Health Awareness Month, diabetes foot complications, gangrene, sprained ankle, and smelly feet
April is Foot Health Awareness Month
More Information: Foot Care