Mom J’s favorite of the traditional Adventist-potluck Special K® loaf recipes. Use a vegetable bouillon that does not contain MSG. It’s not a very low-carb recipe (plus Special K® is a processed food), but it’s ADA-compliant and a good Sabbath potluck dish—and you can have one serving!
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 2 T. olive oil, extra virgin
- 32 oz. cottage cheese, 4% milkfat
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. finely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 T. vegetable bouillon (or 2 T. Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. sage
- 4-5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6-8 c. Kellogg’s® Special K® Original Cereal*
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Dice onion and celery, and sauté in extra virgin olive oil in non-stick skillet.
- Combine cottage cheese and shredded cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chopped walnuts, sautéed onion and celery, vegetable bouillon, and seasonings; and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add Special K® until desired texture is achieved.
- Put into 9” x 13” pan sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake (covered with foil) for 45 min. to 1 hour at 350° F. Take off foil last 10 minutes to brown.
- Cut into 24 pieces (4 x 6) to serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories 152
- Carbohydrate 10 g
- Fat 9 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 10 g
*You can experiment with this recipe by using almond meal instead of the Special K®. Of course, it wouldn’t be Special K® Loaf then! Just…cottage cheese loaf.
- Special K® Loaf
- Taco Salad/Haystacks for Diabetics
- Basic Seitan (Gluten Steaks)
- Mom J’s Cashew Gravy
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Cashew-Pimiento Cheese Sauce
- Mom J’s Low-carb Baked Beans
- Picnic Cauliflower Salad
- Mom J’s Black Soy Bean Chili
- Keto “Cornbread”
- Chicken-style Seasoning
- Gluten-free Low-carb Unleavened Communion Bread
- Mom J’s Cheese Chips
- Three-bean Salad
- Tofu Sour Cream & Onion Dip
- Veggie “Mac” ‘n’ Cheese
- Filipino Seitan Adobo
- Thomas Moen‘s Soybeans
- Jeanette Pelton’s Zucchini Loaf
- Jeanette Pelton’s Savory Loaf
- Mom J’s Baby Bok Choy Soup