So far, you have set your goals and objectives (December), learned how to use your glucose meter and got a “jumpstart” with drinking water, eating green vegetables, and exercising every day (January), focused on portion control, food journaling, and “eating to your meter” (February), and sought to improve your diabetic health with adequate sleep and further fine tune your nutrition and exercise (March).
April 1 – Check Your Progress
Goal: To measure and evaluate your progress.
- Check and record your
- Weight and body measurements
- Clothes sizes (shirt/top, dress, skirt, pants, shoes, underwear)
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Compare to the first day of January, February, and March.
- Compare your daily average blood glucose for the months of January, February, and March.
Now, move ahead to the April challenges!