Dietary vegans do not eat any animal products, including eggs and dairy. Strict vegans also do not eat honey, wear leather or silk, or play with a pigskin football. The recipes below are low- to moderate-carb recipes that many can eat without spiking your blood sugar. However, if you are trying a new food or new recipe, please always “eat to your meter“!
Here’s something for vegan diabetics! It’s made from real food ingredients. NO need to use commercial vegetarian food products! It’s also low-carb and suitable for all diabetic dietary protocols.
- 2 cups raw walnuts, soaked over night
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp ground sage
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp liquid aminos (Bragg)
- black pepper to taste
- For plating:
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh oregano
- Pulse sausage ingredients in a food processor several times, stopping to scrape down until it’s smother but still has the consistency of ground meat.
- On a plate, sprinkle a little salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Place a sliced tomato on top and add a spoonful of walnut meat. Press another tomato down on top and repeat. Top with a little walnut meat, black pepper, olive oil, and fresh oregano.
Zucchini Cheese – Dairy Free
(Adapted from https://lowcarbyum.com/zucchini-cheese/
Because the original source is not vegan)
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agar agar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. (I used a 9×9-inch)
- Steam zucchini for about five minutes.
- Puree steamed zucchini with coconut oil and lemon juice in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Blend in gelatin, salt, and nutritional yeast (if using).
- Pour mixture into lined pan then sprinkle herbs on top.
- Refrigerate until set. Slice into squares.
Amount Per Serving (4 squares)
- Calories 43
- Total Fat 3g
- Total Carbohydrates 3g
- Protein 1g
More Vegan Recipes
Aquafaba, the Most Magical Egg Replacement (and How to Use It)
Black Soy Bean Burgers
Using Eden Organic Black Soy Beans. Make your own homemade taco seasoning, though. Don’t buy the commercial brands!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe (to use in the Black Soy Bean Burgers recipe)
Keep this seasoning mix in a Mason jar so you’ll always have it at a moment’s notice!
CASHEW CREAM (GLUTEN FREE & VEGAN)
This Crustless Quiche is super easy to make and the only low carb quiche you will need. Naturally vegan this gluten free quiche is made with veggies like broccoli, carrots, onions, and tofu. You won’t miss the carbs or the fact there isn’t any crust in this healthy quiche recipe. It tastes just like the real deal, if not really better than that. The quiche is also super kids friendly, even picky kids will love this.
Low Carb Keto Saag Paneer with Tofu
Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella
Raw Avocado Cucumber Sushi Rolls
Image shown in this page header
Vegan Broccoli Quiche
Vegan Smoked Salmon (Carrot Lox)
Go-to Cashew Cheese Recipe
A consistency somewhere between hummus and ricotta
SLICEABLE CASHEW CHEESE
Hard, sliceable cashew cheese, made with agar-agar
VEGAN CHEDDAR CHEESE
Smoky red pepper vegan cheddar cheese. Firm and sliceable.
How To Make Tofu (with just soymilk, lemon and water!) | DIY [3:38]
See also Main Dishes: Vegetarian/Vegan