Goal: To reduce stress (and high blood sugars) as much as possible during the winter holidays.
The Law of Health #8 is to Trust in Divine Power. This is applicable to—and essential for—diabetics, whether or not they are Seventh-day Adventists or even Christian. That’s because lack of trust leads to stress, and stress is a major factor in high blood sugar. (If you need more explanation about Law of Health #8, please refer to https://adventistvegetariandiabetics.wordpress.com/about/8-laws-of-health/trust-in-divine-power/.)
Read this article by Dr. Arlene Taylor, brain-function specialist, Holiday Frazzled? Choose to Live Defrazzled! Then think about what you can do to minimize holiday stress for you.
- Don’t obsess over how other people choose to express (or not express) a holiday greeting.
- Allow others to celebrate their holiday traditions without your criticism.
- Listen to music, watch movies, and read books that bring you joy, regardless of other people’s opinions.
- Continue to buy/cook food that fits within your dietary lifestyle and diabetes protocol.
- Focus on the people that you love, not on things.
Interestingly, Spiritual Literacy Month is an annual designation observed in December.
Who Knew? December is Spiritual Literacy Month