The Sugar-free Revolution was developed to provide support for those with a sugar addiction. If you feel you have an actual addiction, please seek professional help.
What are your goals for this month? Be specific. Remember, you are not competing with anyone else. You are only competing with your past self. Select the level at which you will decrease/eliminate sugar (carbohydrates):
- No processed sugars (white sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar, raw sugar, coconut sugar)
- No “natural” sugars (honey, maple syrup, dates). NO agave nectar.
- Replace fruit juice with whole fruit.
- Replace high-sugar fruits (grapes, bananas, pineapple, mango, etc.) with low-sugar fruits (most berries).
- Reduce the serving size of fruits. (Example: the ADA-compliant serving amount for fruit is 1/2 cup. Reduce it to 1/4 cup.)
Remember, the BEST fruits for diabetics are avocados and olives!
If you got this email from someone who forwarded it to you, please consider subscribing to our blog yourself at https://adventistvegetariandiabetics.com/blog-posts/. Scroll down to the FOLLOW button and enter your email address. Please be assured we will never share your email address with anyone else.
And really do consider getting the Kindle or paperback format of our classic book, Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics!
Gift for you: September calendar (print out on heavy paper or light card stock). You can 3-hole punch for a ring binder or punch one hole at the top to hang on the wall. Or use magnets to put the calendar on the side of a metal file cabinet. A new calendar page will be included with the first blog post of every month. If you would like the complete 12-month PDF calendar, join the Facebook group, Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics.