The best thing you can do as a newly diagnosed diabetic is read. Research. Join our Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics group on Facebook. Use the resources listed in the group’s Files. Check out our supplementary website and blog. Watch the videos on YouTube. Educate yourself. We are here to support you by encouraging you to learn.
Below are what we feel are the most important books for Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics:
1. Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics. Jacqueline Lemi-Hegarty, 2021.
Classic book designed specifically for Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics. Available in Kindle and paperback format. Recommended for ALL diabetics.
2. Bernstein, Richard K., MD. Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars, 2011.
Essential reading for all type 1 diabetics.
3. Fung, Jason, MD. The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally, 2018.
Essential reading for all type 2 diabetics.
4. Khambatta, Cyrus, PhD, and Robby Barbaro, MPH. Mastering Diabetes: The Revolutionary Method to Reverse Insulin Resistance Permanently in Type 1, Type 1.5, Type 2, Pre-diabetes, and Gestational Diabetes, 2020.
Essential reading for all whole-food plant-based high-carb low-fat dietary vegan diabetics.
5. Westman, Eric C., MD, with Amy Berger, Certified Nutrition Specialist. End Your Carb Confusion: A Simple Guide to Customize Your Carb Intake for Optimal Health, 2020.
Dr. Westman specializes in treatment of diabetes and obesity. His “prescription strength” keto is the most effective and reliable way to treat both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
6. White, Ellen G. The Ministry of Healing. Copyright © 2010, Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.; 1 edition (December 5, 2010). Originally published in Nampa: Pacific Press, 1905.
The sections dealing with nutrition and temperance are Chapters 23-26.
More books and other materials available at:
If you got this email from someone who forwarded it to you, please consider subscribing to our blog yourself at https://adventistvegetariandiabetics.com/blog-posts/. Scroll down to the FOLLOW button and enter your email address. Please be assured we will never share your email address with anyone else.
If you are not a member of the Facebook group for Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics but would like to be, please click the link and request to join. You will be asked 3 questions. Here’s a description of the Facebook group.
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/@adventistvegetariandiabetics.
And consider getting the Kindle or paperback format of our classic book, Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics!