Activities for Weeks 2, 3, and 4 were inspired by the “21-day Jumpstart Challenge” from Smart Diabetes Solutions, slightly modified for Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics.
During Week 4, continue the blood glucose, water, and vegetables and add exercise, preferably outdoors with fresh air and 20 minutes of sunlight.
Goal: To establish a regular routine of physical activity within your individual scope of mobility.
- Complete at least 30 minutes
of physical activity every day (can be done in two or three separate instances, if needed)
- Preferably outdoors, with fresh air and 20 minutes of sunshine
- If weather does not permit outdoor exercise, complete indoors at home, at a gym, or in an indoor mall
- Determine your mobility level and limits
- Find something that is fun for you
- Do it every day
- Increase time/distance/number of steps
Types of Exercise:
- Treadmill/eliptical machine
- High-intensity interval training
- Cardio training
- Aerobic/anaerobic exercises
- Limited mobility