- To focus on the seriousness of diabetes, its complications and consequences, and gain new understandings of how to prevent them in your own life.
- To gain inspiration from the success stories of other diabetics.
- To share your own success story!
Read this article and view the 9-minute video:
HOW TO EAT FOR DIABETES
Do you know someone with pre-diabetes, Type 2, or Type 1? Please share this video with them and ask them to give themselves 9 minutes that could possibly change their life; because to understand how to gain stable blood sugar levels and avoid the complications of diabetes, they need to understand how to eat for diabetes (all types).
1. Awareness of diabetes complications:
- Fatty liver disease
- Visual impairment/blindness
- Neuropathy and amputation
- Kidney disease/dialysis
- Heart attack/death
Diabetes complications begin because of blood vessel and nerve damages, causes due to high-level of glucose in blood (uncontrolled diabetes), prolonged diabetes, high-cholesterol level, and high-pressure. Nerve damages of the respective organs are the root cause of diabetes complications.
End Organ Damage
Hyperglycemia may be the hallmark of diabetes, but does not cause most of the morbidity. Blood glucose is fairly easily controlled by medication, but this does not prevent the long-term complications.
2. Success Stories
Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics™ would also like to take this time to focus on Success Stories. Please check out https://adventistvegetariandiabetics.com/testimonial/
- First-person stories of diabetics who have been and are still being successful in meeting their individual goals
- Take time to evaluate your own story, thinking about progress (or lack thereof) in your own journey, and strategies that could help you reach your goals
- Submit your own story to Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics™. Go to https://adventistvegetariandiabetics.com/success-stories/submitstory/.