Low carb, high-fat. Lacto-ovo vegetarian.
- ½ medium cauliflower or 2 c. cauliflower florets
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. shredded cheese
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of ground or grated nutmeg
- 1 T. sliced green onion
- 2 T. butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut cauliflower into florets, then add to boiling water and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce through the cauliflower. OR cook cauliflower in microwave 10-12 minutes; do not add water.
- Drain cauliflower then put it back into the hot pot (off the heat) and cover with lid. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. If microwaved, do the same.
- Add the cream cheese, a pinch of sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper to the cauliflower.
- Add ½ c. of shredded cheese when you smash the hot cooked cauliflower.
- Then use a potato masher or immersion blender to smash the cauliflower.
- Finish with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Sprinkle sliced green onions on top.
- Serve with butter melting on the top to add more healthy fat.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories 154
- Carbohydrate 4 g
- Fat 14 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 5 g
- Special K® Loaf
- Taco Salad/Haystacks for Diabetics
- Basic Seitan (Gluten Steaks)
- Mom J’s Cashew Gravy
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Cashew-Pimiento Cheese Sauce
- Mom J’s Low-carb Baked Beans
- Picnic Cauliflower Salad
- Mom J’s Black Soy Bean Chili
- Keto “Cornbread”
- Chicken-style Seasoning
- Gluten-free Low-carb Unleavened Communion Bread
- Mom J’s Cheese Chips
- Three-bean Salad
- Tofu Sour Cream & Onion Dip
- Veggie “Mac” ‘n’ Cheese
- Filipino Seitan Adobo
- Thomas Moen‘s Soybeans
- Jeanette Pelton’s Zucchini Loaf
- Jeanette Pelton’s Savory Loaf
- Mom J’s Baby Bok Choy Soup